You reside in a country affected by the "Studying in France" procedure

Students who reside in one of the 42 countries concerned by the "Studying in France" procedure must make a specific request for enrolment in an institute of higher education.

Which countries are concerned by the "Studying in France" procedure?

The "Studying in France" procedure only involves students residing in one of the following 42 countries:

Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.


procédure Etudes en France


A single online service for all procedures

The Studying in France platform is completely dematerialised and manages all of the enrolment procedures for an institute of higher education up until the visa request. Just create a private electronic file and follow the instructions.

You can also file your enrolment applications, talk with the Campus France space for your country and communicate with the institute you wish to enrol in.

You will be asked to pay a fee for this assistance.


étudiants campus ordinateur inscription
S'inscrire dans l'enseignement supérieur français


Applying to the first year of a training at “Licence” (Bachelor’s) level

The way to enrol in the first year of a training at “Licence” (Bachelor’s) level varies depending on your situation.

If you are living in a country concerned by the “Study in France” process…

1)… and have the nationality of the country in which you are living (for instance, if you are living in Morocco and have the Moroccan nationality)

  • If you are preparing a French or European Baccalauréat/A-levels you must enter your academic choices on the Parcoursup” platform that was launched on January 15, 2018 (replacing the APB platform) and follow the steps of the “Studying in France” process
  • If you are preparing another degree course (granting access to higher education), you must make a Preliminary Admission Request (DAP) and follow the “Study in France” procedure. You can make the DAP online on the “Study in France” platform during a period going from November to January of the year preceding the academic year you are requesting.

2)… and you have the nationality of a country from the European Union or Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Switzerland, Andorra or Monaco (for instance, if you are living in Senegal but have the German nationality), you only need to enter your academic choices on the “Parcoursup” platform.

Regardless of your situation, the Campus France space for your country is at your disposal to help you complete the procedures.

If you want to join the higher education system for the academic year 2019/2020, here are the timetables you need to know to apply : 


Exact dates will be released soon.

  • Start of registrations on January 2019
  • Academic choices may be entered until March 2019
  • File must be complete before March 2019

DAP – Preliminary Admission Request

Exact dates will be released soon.

Registrations from November 2018 to January 2019.


Registrations from 5th November 2018 to 28 February 2019.


Applying in 2nd or 3rd year of a Bachelor's or in a Master's degree

If you wish to continue your studies in France from the second or third year of a Bachelor's degree or for a Master's degree, you must follow the "Studying in France" procedure until you obtain a student visa.

Create your private electronic file and follow the instructions. If necessary, contact the Campus France space for your country of residence for more information.


Enrolling in a doctorate programme

If you wish to enrol in a doctorate programme, you are not affected by the "Studying in France" procedure. Contact the Doctoral schools that offer the research subjects that interest you.

Check the Campus France catalogues to find the institutes that correspond to your field. When you have obtained a positive response, file a request for a "talent passport” visa with the French Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence.


Follow the main steps to come study in France