Finding a research laboratory in France

Research laboratories are affiliated with universities or research institutes, and provide researchers with a framework within which to work. There are different directories to help you find research laboratories that may be of interest to you.

Directories of research laboratories

The research laboratories employ professors-researchers from universities or Grandes Ecoles. There are also researchers from major public research institutes such as the CNRS, INRA, INRIA or INSERM. Several directories enable you to find the French research laboratories that correspond to your field of studies:

The directory of Doctoral schools

You can also use the directory of Doctoral schools on the Campus France site for the contact information of a specific research laboratory. Start by identifying the Doctoral school that corresponds to your field. The "Laboratories" tab then lets you scroll through the list of research laboratories affiliated with it.

Follow the main steps to come study in France