On May 22, 2018, Campus France held a conference centred on the political and institutional dialogue as part of the European project Erasmus+ "inHERE" in relation with the integration of refugee students and researchers in higher education in Europe.
The conference allowed to:
- Connect operational players on the field with political decision-makers at national and European level.
- Raise the awareness of stakeholders regarding actions carried out on an everyday basis by institutions to welcome refugees.
- Question the European answers to the refugee crisis in relation in terms of higher education and research.
62 participants were present. They represented:
- the European Commission,
- the French Ministries of Foreign Affairs, and Higher Education and Research,
- French and European higher education institutions,
- researchers and refugees.
Note that the conference had obtained the "EHEA Paris 2018 – La France dans l’Europe de l’Enseignement Supérieur" certification ("France in the Europe of Higher Education) granted by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
The European project "inHERE" (Higher Education supporting refugees in Europe) is funded by the Erasmus+ program Key Action #2 "Strategic partnerships", and implemented by a European consortium including:
- the Union des Universités de la Méditerranée (UNIMED – coordinator),
- Campus France,
- the European Universities Association (EUA – consultative member of the Bologna Follow-up Group Board),
- the Universities of Barcelona and La Sapienza in Roma.
The United Nations Agency for Refugees (UNHCR) is associate partner.