From a country using the CEF procedure
If you live in one of the following countries, you must use the online CEF procedure.
|Chile||China||Colombia||Congo (Brazzaville)||Cote d'Ivoire||Gabon|
|Vietnam|| || |
The CEF mechanism offers prospective students the benefit of guidance and support at every step in the admission process, from application to enrollment. It even allows applicants to apply for their visa online and to track the progress of their electronic application.
Applicants open a personal account on the Web site of the Campus France office in their country of residence. From there they follow a paperless procedure that enables them to submit applications for admission and to dialog with the staff of the Campus France office in their country and with representatives of the institutions from which they hope to receive an offer of admission (whether under the DAP program or not).
In the 31 countries in which the CEF procedure is active, the Campus France local office:
- offers applicants interactive online assistance, information, and guidance using a personal messaging system
- helps applicants schedule language tests
- examines applications for completeness and verifies the authenticity of degrees
- schedules interviews with applicants concerning their educational plans.
The culture and cooperation service at the French embassy:
- accesses students' application files and interview reports
- provides online comments on applicants' educational plans.
Higher education institutions participating in the CEF process:
- read students' applications online
- access reports of interviews with students
- request additional informations from CampusFrance local offices using the messaging system
- select applicants
- send online offers of preliminary admission to applicants and their CampusFrance office.
- examine applicants' electronic files
- examine the visa applications submitted by students
- decide whether to issue a visa in each case
- record those decisions in the applicants' files.
Use of the second online process, "Admission post bac" (APB, post-baccalauréat admission process) is required of all students seeking to enter the first year at an institution other than a university or IUT, even if the CEF procedure is in force in the applicant's country.