PromoDoc: promoting doctoral training in Europe
CampusFrance coordinates the PromoDoc project, which is funded by the European Commission.
Within the framework of the Erasmus Mundus Action 3 program for the promotion of European higher education, CampusFrance coordinates a project designed to promote European doctoral education in industrialized countries.
The PromoDoc project, funded by the European Commission, was designed to promote doctoral education in Europe, to improve the quality of information on doctoral programs, and to facilitate access to doctoral training among students and in third countries, particularly the following industrialized areas: Canada, Hong Kong, Japon, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and the United States.
PromoDoc is being implemented by an international consortium led by CampusFrance and including DAAD (Germany), Nuffic (The Netherlands), The Briitish Council (United Kingdom), Eurodoc (the European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers, Belgium), and IIE (Institute of International Education, United States).
The project has produced a set of promotional tools (website, flyer, and brochure). It has also supported the implementation of informational, promotional, and recruiting efforts in the seven target countries and territories. The preliminary calender for those efforts is as follows:
- Singapore, 2012: Participation in European fair and presentations on doctoral training in Europe
- Canada and the United States, October 2012: Launch of network of 25 "ambassadors" (former doctoral candidates) to act as sources of information for Canadian and American students interested in doctoral education in Europe
- Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto/Osaka), November 2012: Information sessions and recruiting interviews between prospective doctoral candidates and European institutions with doctoral programs
- Hong Kong, March 2013: Participation in European fair and presentations on doctoral education in Europe
- Republic of Korea (Seoul and Pusan), May 2013: Information sessions and recruiting interviews between prospective doctoral candidates and European institutions with doctoral programs
- Taiwan, November 2013: Participation in European fair and presentations on doctoral education in Europe.