For the quality of its system of higher education
- For the quality of its system of higher education
- For the international flavor of the country's higher education system
- For the country's renowned "art de vivre"
- For the vibrancy of contemporary French culture
- For the distinctive French art of living
- For the country's advanced economy
- For the power of French know-how
France's higher education system is not only one of the best in the world—it's also open to all!
The quality of French higher education is widely recognized throughout the world. French institutions figure prominently in the Shanghai Classification of Universities, in the rankings of the Financial Times and Times Higher, and in the European Report on Science and Technologies published by the European Commission.
Each year, France makes massive investments in education and research. In fact, education is the largest category of government spending, accounting for more than 20% of the budget.
Yet another French paradox: one of the best systems of higher education in the world is also one of the most financially accessible.
French successes in manufacturing, technology, and science (space, transportation, medicine, mathematics), and the number of Nobel prizes and Field medals that French citizens bring home, demonstrate that France is one of the world's most dynamic centers of innovation and research.
In France, higher education programs are grounded in accredited research laboratories or the knowledge of seasoned professionals: whatever your field of study, you will always be in contact with renowned experts.